A Sheet Metal Mechanic will fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal products utilizing blueprints, drawings and work orders in commercial and/or construction setting.
Primary Sheet Metal Mechanic Duties:
• Coordinates with supervisor and/or other trades for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
• Install, alter and repair sheet metal products, equipment ducts, and/or hoods for HVAC systems utilizing blueprints, drawings, and work orders.
• Plan and coordinate tasks and material amounts required for completion of work.
• Plan and prepare equipment and tools necessary for performance of work.
• Coordinate and assemble ducts, hoods, and other sheet metal products. These tasks include, but are not limited to soldering and/or bolting connections; applying insulation; inspecting assemblies and installation for compliance with specifications.
• Operational checks of ducts and other sheet metal installations to determine quality and if any corrective action is necessary.
• Clean equipment and work area upon completion of work.
• Coordinate work with Special Projects staff.
• Provide information as required to Special Projects staff to keep jobs organized and customers informed of progress.
• Maintain material stock levels in vehicle as well as keeping vehicle clean and organized.
• Complete paperwork as required on a timely basis.
• Provide direction and technical assistance to less experienced workers.
• May be asked to work in other departments as needed.
For a full job listing, please contact HR.