A Special Projects Helper will assist Special Projects Plumbers and Sheet Metal Mechanics. Duties will include assisting in fabrication, assembly, installation, and repair of sheet metal products. These duties will be performed in a commercial and/or construction setting.
Primary Mechanical Sheet Metal/ Plumber Helper Duties:
- Coordinates with lead Plumber or Sheet Metal Mechanic for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
- Assist in the installation, alteration and repair of sheet metal products, equipment ducts, and/or hoods for HVAC systems utilizing blueprints, drawings, and work orders.
- Assist in planning and coordinating tasks and material amounts required for completion of work.
- Assist in planning and preparing equipment and tools necessary for performance of work.
- Assist in coordinating and assembling ducts, hoods, and other sheet metal products. These tasks include, but are not limited to soldering and/or bolting connections; applying insulation; inspecting assemblies and installation for compliance with specifications.
- Assist in operational checks of ducts and other sheet metal installations to determine quality and if any corrective action is necessary.
- Assist Plumber and/or Sheet Metal Mechanic.
- Clean equipment and work area upon completion of work.
- Coordinate work with Special Projects staff.
- Provide information as required to Special Projects staff to keep jobs organized and customers informed of progress.
- Assist in maintaining material stock levels in vehicle as well as keeping vehicle clean and organized.
- Complete paperwork as required on a timely basis.
- May be asked to work in other departments as needed.
Skills / Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 2-3 or more years experience in sheet metal installation and fabrication and/or 2-3 or more years experience in plumbing.
- Current Apprentice Plumbers License is required.
- Current Drivers License and clean driving record.
- Proficient Verbal and Written English Skills.
- Moderate-High Energy Level.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints accurately.
- Ability to braze/solder/weld.
- Demonstration of proper and safe use of tools, related equipment, and personal protection equipment.
- Adaptability: Manage competing demands and frequent changes in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently in commercial and construction settings.
- Well groomed, neat appearance, no visible tattoos or piercings.
For a full job description, please contact HR.